Thursday 18 December 2008

Birthday presents

Some of my church friends pooled their money together and bought me a gaming keyboard!

To be quite honest I feel quite poser using such high end gaming equipment and still being extremely lousy at DoTA. But it does feel quite comfortable and it has a really nice feel about it.

So I guess I'm really a Razer fan right now. They make good equipment, and I hear the Singapore distributor (Ban Leong Enterprises) is quite nice about changing your gear if it happens to be a manufacturing defect.

So far my Razer gear consists of a Razer Krait mouse,

















a Razer Exactmat mousepad,















and a Razer Lycosa. (in full glow mode)

















A pity one is orange and the other is blue. But I like the Krait. Its cheap haha. I even have a spare one in a cupboard in case the one i'm using dies. But that shouldn't happen anytime soon. They even sell replacement teflon feet for the mouse so you can just replace the teflon when it wears out.

Oh wait i'm supposed to talk more about the keyboard. Well theres a touchpanel on the side for your music program. You can set the buttons to work with iTunes, WMP, Winamp, or a few other programs.. When that's done, you just touch the 'Play' symbol to run your program. There are also volume touch buttons and the 'next track' 'previous track' touch buttons.

The touchpanel.

















The light button bears some mention. The keys are darkened at first, so when you touch the lightbulb logo, the WASD keys glow. This is for games like counterstrike and other FPS games.

WASD mode.

















Touching the logo again causes ALL the keys to glow blue, which is what you see in the first keyboard picture above. Touching it a 3rd time causes the lights to go off, leaving only the usual CapsLock, NumLock and ScrollLock lights.

Its quite pretty in the dark, but i don't usually do any computing in the dark.. My eyes are messed up enough haha..

All in all, a GREAT product. Something I wouldn't buy for myself cause I absolutely need to be convinced of its functionality before i slap down that kind of money. And I havent seen any display pieces for me to fiddle with. But it works great, its comfortable, and its kickass cool.

What more could a techie want?

:)

No comments: