Monday 25 August 2008

million and one consequences

I've been thinking about a million and one things (again)...

It seems that, in the christian walk, God is always calling out to us and beckoning us to take up the roles and responsibilities that He has called us towards.. And yet it always feels like its so hard to do... but at the end of the day there is this very real and strong hope that God is always providing for us, equipping us. I say hope, but this hope is not a wistful longing, but a powerful confidence that God is who He is.

There is thus no longer any reason to think that we are not worthy, for God himself has defined us to be worthy. Which one of us then has the right to think any lower of ourselves than God does of us, when He is the one who redeemed us.

You were bought at a price.. Don't you think that He would know that price full well, having paid that exorbitant amount for you?

Tremendous consequences.. for words simply cannot describe the full blast I feel when I think of the word 'redeemed'. Funny how we often sing it in songs like My Redeemer Lives, and yet gloss over it..

That hints to me that our mental picture could be extremely myopic. Imagine the raw unharnessed potential of every single believer. But lest we run ourselves in circles, it would do us good to remember that everything has its basis in rock solid humble obedience.

(Joh 14:15) If you love Me, keep My commandments.


---------

Just a reflection more for myself actually... Something I keep having to remind myself about, even though it speaks to clearly to me. Maybe some of you guys can read it, and be encouraged too..

I wanted to post something very nice about circles and triangles that I learnt in my lecture today, but i think it will have to wait... At least until I can find a not-so-boring way to present it...

(Its really cool!)

(really!!)

(i don't think you've seen it before!)

(i'm really tired as you can tell)

I found out recently that I actually consider my room a very protected and secret place.... Its a place where I just shut the door and sit in my fort of a table and work.. However even in the midst of the emotional comfort of my dungeon, I think I will try to surrender all my thoughts to Him.. There's no sense thinking about things that have no real value... Why not focus on Him? (easier said than done but i guess you would understand the motivation for the effort)

So... like so often I've written before...

Onward.

No comments: