Sunday 9 December 2007

Passport : Children's Camp 2007

I miss my kids!!!!!!

For those who don't know.. I went to help out in Children's Camp straight after my exams, and man it was a blast!

I seriously didn't quite feel like going.. I kinda wanted a break, and being put as a group leader in the camp didnt' seem like a very comfortable spot..

But i went.. and got to know my little team of leaders and shepherds.. and the kids are absolutely amazing in so many diverse ways..






























Teaching children is really a test of how well you know your stuff.. I feel you don't really know your stuff unless you can explain it in terms other people can understand.. and who better to test explanations on than younger children? (I should refrain from the word 'kids' cause my p6 kids don't really like being called kids anymore haha)

I realise i am not being very.. focused on the things i bring up here, but its either my sleep deprivation during the camp, or my current sleep debt thats messing up my brain now.. so you'll all just have to bear with me for now..

There was one evening.. where the camp speaker Andrew asked the children to come up to their teachers and pray for them..

I wish I could put into words what i felt when they prayed for me.. The sincerity they showed in those simple prayers..

More than tongue can tell.

I left the camp having received more than I gave..

(AND WE WON BEST PERFORMANCE MUAHAHAHA)

Yes.. so i strongly encourage everyone in YPM to consider helping in CM camps..

Mel

No comments: