Thursday 31 January 2008

ROOMING PROBLEM

WHAT ON EARTH.

I now declare a state of war on the Office of Student Affairs..

Those of you who know I'm in hall will probably I managed to swop my room with someone so that I could room with my buddy Jay...

So being good students we of course notified the Office of Student Affairs about the swop.. And the person said that ' I may assist you in this request provided that all parties (including the students in that current room) are to be included in your email saying that everyone is agreeable to this arrangement. '

So we swopped rooms and emailed the relevant 'i agree' emails to the person..

A couple of days ago, there was a room verification, where our Block Resident Assistants (something like a block IC) come over to check our Matric Cards to see who exactly is staying in the room.. And we of course notified the RAs that we put up a request to swop room, and all parties are agreeable.. And of course they wrote it down on their papers that we swopped rooms..

So the papers were submitted and of course the extremely childish OSA had to deny our 'request' to swop rooms because we swopped rooms BEFORE the okay was given. Even though all parties were already agreeable.

Right. And I'm now awaiting an official letter that will probably say 'get your butt back to your original room' even though its like week 3 and i'm super happy in my room with all my friends popping by to chat and say hi and we're solving till 2am in the morning and that kind of masochistic stuff. Thing is, I'm actually happy in my room, and i really don't want to lose the arrangement.

PRAY AGAINST THE BLOODY ADMINISTRATION.

No comments: